SO, last we were in the work room, it was getting a nice little coat of Drylok. Having your workroom outta commish when you are trying to fix up a house has a nice little domino effect on the rooms surrounding it. The laundry room quickly became a painting station, the storage room held my miter saw (which also means all of the storage has a nice coat of sawdust on it) and the furnace room became a dumpster. The images below are AFTER I spent a few hours cleaning. Things didn't need to be cleaned (well, yes), they needed to be ORGANIZED.
SO. Wood pile in the corner, miter saw on a collapsing table, and tools haphazardly displayed around the room. These three things needed to be fixed. SO. I ran over to HD with a list and some organizational motivation. THANKFULLY the peeps at HD are amaze and cut all the plywood sheets for me (because, uh, I don't have a truck!). Here is the general plan:
Nice big, deep, countertop for my miter saw, peg board backing to hook some commonly-lost tools and wood storage below alladat. Also, wheels, because this thing is going to be heavy and sometimes you need to move the party, ya know.
SO, first things first, the supports. I used all 2x4s. The table is 71" long. Ideally I would have had it 4' so I could just cut the plywood/2x4 (which come at 8') in Half, BUT, I needed more space :)
My Kreg Jig artillery. The clamp is perf at making sure you are getting a 90* angle when screwing in the pocket - the small tip fits into one of the Kreg Jig pockets all nicely. I have the smaller kit for screwing the pocket holes, but it comes with everything ya need, so I dig it.
I used my nail gun to attach the boards to the supports, which is my favorite tool ever, so it probably has WAY more in there than necessary...but whatever.
I had some peg board left over from the great peg board removal of 2014 in the basement, so I cut that to size and then whipped out the nail gun, again :)
I really liked the look of the raw wood, but wanted a white counter top/peg board with some chalkboard! So I taped off the 2x4s to keep those raw wood and paint the rest.
Initially I was just going to do the front panel in Chalk Board. I honestly haven't bought chalkboard paint since it ONLY came in Black. So when I opened this can and realized it was WHITE I was all...whaaaaaaat is this magic juice! And just painted everything in it! It's clear, so I added a few more coats of white paint (which is actually a grey off white oops paint!) and then 2 coats of this on top!
Chalk don't lie, yo.
THEN! I went around the basement/garage and found little doo-dads (I have SO MANY peg board hinges, if you were wondering/needed any...) that the previous owner left behind, spray painted them, and voila!
Let's back up juuuuuuust a bit...ya know, memories' sake. Also, those orange cabinets, so last week. Oh, the power of white spray paint.
So much better! This clears up SO much space in the workroom, you know, for more projects :)